Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This is Halloween

 
 
 
 October was an awesome month, and why wouldn't it be? People pass out candy, play tricks on eachother and get to dress up in costume! Not to mention the haunted straw mazes, houses and scary movies! If you can't tell Halloween is a big deal at our house. The best part of Halloween is the party we throw every year for the past 4 years. It's an open invitation to anyone who wants to come eat good food, dress up and play games. It's been fun to see our friends and family get more and more creative and out going each year with their costumes and I love watching people come out of their shell during game time. Here is some pictures from this years Halloween party. (If you are pictured and want me to take it off the blog, no problem just let me know and I can delete it off the post. Thanks everybody for letting me share your awesome costumes!)
 

 
This is the kitchen, it took a while to set up!
 
I slept (or didn't sleep) in perm rods all night in preparation for my costume Tyler thought I was crazy, but I ran errands Saturday morning like this.
 
The only good thing about having an unfinished basement? It makes for a great location for a Halloween party!
And the guests start to arrive!!


 


 





 
 
 
 


 





I took a 1 roll per team of packaging tape and wrapped candy into a ball. Each team had the same amount of candy in their ball and the first one to unwrap it wins!

The mummy wrap is always great. They covered Jen completely!
Ron attempting to keep all 3 balloons in the air. His fairy skills didn't help him out this time.
Here are some pictures from other games we did.
 
 

This was the hardest challenge, one potate, 5 straws and 5 candies balanced on the straw~
 
Best costume awards Scariest, funniest, prettiest, best girl and best boy costumes

Me and my baby sister
 
Natalie created Tyler's beard for his Seneca Crane costume. Took her 2 hours, but it was worth it! 
 


Tyler and his dad
 
 
 
Here's what we were going for. Seneca Crane and Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games!
The party was so much fun and we only have our friends and family to thank! Thanks for coming, dressing up and being good sports about the games. I can't wait to plan next years party. :)
The fun didn't stop there. I worked Halloween day and we got to dress up!
 
 
Blast from the past! Welcome to the 70s and 80s
Tie dye, srunchies and hair spray oh my!!

Love the crimped hair~

Lookin good!
Is it sad to admit I'd wear the polka dotted leggins on a regular day?
I was jealous of Tecia's bangs.
Our disco ball! (A pumpkin covered in tinfoil, pretty creative Sue)


My job rocks, I get to help others, work with awesome people and have fun too!
 
The night didn't end there, after work Tyler and I  went out to eat and to the movies with friends. And because I can't get enough of Halloween I dressed up again! Haha, I may have a slight obsession....

Happy Halloween! Hope you all enjoyed the festivities as much as we did!

2 comments:

Haley and Jon said...

I love all your pictures! You and Tyler looked amazing! Thanks for inviting us, we had so much fun!

Steven said...

Your profile on its about love has a bad URL for your blog. It has tyler-and-jessica@blogspot.com
where it should be...
tyler-and-Jessica.blogspot.com