Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer, why does it go by so fast?

My biggest complaint about where we live is that we cram a whole summers worth of activities in like 6 weeks! I wish we had winter for 3 months and summer for 9! Summer is always filled with so many activities and this summer is no exception.
We attended my 10 year High school reunion and had a great time. Planning this was a lot of work, but I had fun with a group of girls I haven't seen for a long time. It was sad to have it over with cause now we have no really good reason to chat daily.
Fourth of July is one of the best holidays, we usually attend the parade, go boating, and watch the fireworks on the lake. This year we celebrated it differently, VEGAS style! We spent our days by the pool, shopping in the afternoon, and a 360 degree view of fireworks from our hotel rooftop! We even got suckered in to paying some guy to take our picture by the Vegas sign. My favorite part of the trip was going to the Criss Angel show at the Luxor. He is a very talented magician/illusionist and Tyler got us 4th row seats! At one pointing in the show he disappeared and reappeared right next to us, I could have touched him! We made eye contact! (Totally sounding like a teenager right now, sorry). The weekend was great, amazing weather, tasty food and good company! We were happy my brother and his wife came too
July wouldn't be complete without my family reunion at Bear Lake. Beside getting a hole in our air mattress, Tyler getting stung by a bee, and not packing pillows, sleeping in a tent for the weekend was great! My cousin J puts a lot of effort to make sure we have plenty to eat and do! And it wouldn't be a reunion without some Dutch oven by my dad! Plus a day at the lake can cure any work blues! This year we took my niece with us and it was fun to pretend we had our own "kid" to keep track of. Lucky for us she's very well behaved and my other niece was there to keep her entertained. (Pictures of this to come soon, I haven't had a chance to download them yet.) 
Here are a few pics of what we have been up to! 

 
Crazy how I have to stand all the way up on my tip toes! 


Class of 2003! How did the time go by so fast? 
 So glad we got to fly this time! That drive to Vegas is so long! 
 It's not the greatest quality picture, but I had to include it. We had a lot of fun in this tiny car.
I love shoes, had to get a pic with this oversized heel.
 Criss Angel's show was awesome! We had great seats and an awesome time! How does he do what he does? It's mind blowing!

We have been to Vegas several times and we've never gotten a picture in front of the sign until now. Unfortunately we got suckered into this guy taking our "picture". Ten poses later he gave me my camera and wanted a tip. While Tyler went to the car to get his wallet, we had an awkward conversation with the man, and then he serenaded us. Good thing Tyler really did come back with money! We thought he had left us to fend for ourselves. 
Yes, super cheesy, I know. That's it for this post! 














No comments: