Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wasatch back Ragnar

How do you explain what Ragnar is? It's two hundred miles of running, laughing, driving, eating, maybe some crying and definitely no sleep! This is the first year Tyler and I have ever done this, and we were on different teams! Tyler's team was made up of our friends from Utah. They are incredible and good, they live to do ragnar each year. My team was a complete surprise :) I only knew one girl on the team of 12 runners. After the race I came home with 5 new friends! Some of you still might be confused, that's ok. It all sounded a little crazy to me too at first. You get a team of 12 runners, 6 people in each van. We started in Logan and someone from our team was running at all times, until we reached Park City. Each runner runs a total of 3 legs, some runners running a total of over 20 miles. There is lots of cheering, crazy decorate vans, people in weird outfits and people of all shapes and sizes running along the side of the road. By the time the race is over all you want to do is shower and crash! That's exactly what we did. The next morning we stretched our muscles by walking around beautiful Park City, Utah. Despite the sore muscles and lack of sleep, we just might be crazy enough to run it again next year.
We decorated our "van" with our teams theme, "Defying Gravity". Little did our team captain know my favorite musical is "Wicked". 
Here are the amazing ladies that were a part of van #2 of our team. I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls! 
Here's Tyler's team, they were also van #2. 
Little did we know Tyler's team was going to smoke us! This is the only exchange we saw each other at until it was over.
These 2 girls are A-MAZING runners! I'm sure "S" got tired of my constant questions about where to start and how to train. I'm also glad they took such good care of Tyler and kept him feed during this race. 
I ran into a fellow nurse I use to work with! Small world :) so glad I could see her again. 
Right before our last leg, we are almost there! 
Our whole team together so glad I got a chance to meet all of these ladies. 
We ran through some of the prettiest places I have ever seen.
Greatest sign ever when you are cold, tired and hungry! 

Boom! We did it! Wouldn't have made it without these great girls.
We can check this off our bucket list! 














No comments: